|Time:||9am to 5pm – doors don’t open til 9am|
|Location:||State Library, Perth Cultural Centre|
|Cost:||$495+gst per participant, includes morning and afternoon tea and lunch, 50 page training manual|
|Participants need to bring notepaper, pen and a copy of their Grievance Management policy and procedure and EEO, Anti-bullying Policy and procedure|
What Does a Contact Officer do?
The Workplace Contact Officer provides employees with confidential information, options and clarification about their organisation’s policies and the options available in relation to workplace issues.
The purpose of this training program is to provide participants with the knowledge and practical skills to support, inform, refer and communicate effectively with a person who has a workplace issue.
Participants will learn the following-
- What is harassment (sexual), discrimination and bullying- the legal definition and case examples
- The assessment of complaints as informal or formal and what this means in terms of generating options
- Effective questioning techniques
- What type of notes to write
- What confidentiality looks like
- How to remain impartial and unbiased in your role as a contact officer
- When to refer on
Approach and methodology
The training approach is highly interactive and designed according to adult learning principles. It includes-
- Practical exercises such as real case studies
- Demonstrations and role plays involving participants
- Presentation of the legal aspects through hypothetical stories
This is a one day course that is delivered by a legal practitioner with over 20 years training experience.
What Previous Participants have said
Thank you. Enjoyable, detailed, full pace, but the time flew by. Excellent presentation.
Franca’s high energy & enthusiasm kept me on task. Great day, very useful.
A fabulous session. Very informative. Took me out of my comfort zone. Contact Officer booklet – a great resource. Thanks Franca. You are an amazing presenter.
Franca presented in a relaxed, entertaining and informative manner. Her legal background was useful and I feel comfortable and knowledgeable returning to my workplace as an EEO Contact Officer.